1 1/4 pounds shrimp
4 to 6 medium-size tomatoes, about 1 1/3 poiunds
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt, if desired
Freshly ground pepper to taste
4 tbsp butter
1 tbsp finely minced garlic
2 tbsp freshly chopped basil, optional
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1. Shell and devein the shrimp and set them aside.
2. Peel and core the tomatoes. Cut them in half crosswise. Squeeze the tomatoes to remove the seeds. Cut the tomatoes into half-inch cubes. There should be about one and one-half cups.
3. Heat two tablespoons of the olive oil in a skillet and add the tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste. cook about five minutes or until most of the tomato liquid evaporates, leaving the solid pieces.
4. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oilive oil and the butter in another skillet, about three to four minutes until cooked through. Do not overcook. Add the garlic and toss to blend.
5. Pour the tomatoes on a plate and add the shrimp. Serve sprinkled with chopped basil and parsley.
Yield: 4 servings.
Source: The New York Times 60-Minute Gourmet